Please note that CTC's Training Departments
for Engineering and Mining will -
- close on 9 December 2016, and
- reopen on 9 January 2017.
The Rescue Drill Unit is on standby
right through the holiday season.
We thank you for your continued support, and wish you and your family a Pleasant Festive Season and a Prosperous New Year.
The Colliery Training College (Pty) Ltd. was founded in 1962. Initially, CTC was established to cater only for the mining sector, but has diversified and artisan skills training is now available for all interested parties. The demand for artisans in South Africa is growing rapidly.
CTC is accredited by the Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) and the International Standards Organisation (ISO) 9001:2008.
Any company or person interested in skills training programmes is invited to contact CTC for further information.
CTC is situated in Stevenson Street, Klipfontein, Emalahleni (Witbank) and is equipped with the most modern facilities and equipment for the training of engineering skills and lump ore benificiation.
Coal mining training is done at CTC's training section at Greenside Colliery.
To meet the technical training, rescue, occupational health and hygiene requirements of Industry through:
- Consultation with Companies and SETAs regarding the training needs and training standards required.
- Ensuring a standard of training commensurate with the required productivity, skills, and ISO9001:2008 compliancy.
- Ensuring effective training, focusing on costs, training delivery and methodology.
- Ensuring 24/7 availability of the rescue drill unit.
- Ensuring ISO 17025 compliance in terms of occupational health and hygiene services.
- Promoting Black Economic Empowerment (BEE), Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) and staff development.
Training at CTC
Students at CTC are trained in ten career categories:
- Auto Electrical
- Millwright / Electro Mechanician
- Fitting and Turning
- Fitting (including machining)
- Diesel Mechanics
- Earth Moving Equipment Mechanic
- Production Miner
- Lump Ore Benification
Students are thoroughly trained in both the theoretical and practical aspects in their course of study. Training is done on a modular/unit-standards basis, and a self-paced method of study is applied.
Additional courses are also available. Anyone wishing to improve his/her skills can also choose between all modules/unit standards available to suit their companies' or own needs.
Note: All courses are done at CTC only. Correspondence or web-based material is not available as all courses contain theoretical as well as practical tuition.